Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Curried Chicken & Veggie Stir Fry--Easy Weeknight Dinners

A few months ago I made beef tenderloin with a red wine reduction and whipped mashed potatoes,   on a Tuesday. Sounds delicious right?  Well it was but it was also the worst idea EVER.

Not only was the preparation & cooking time consuming, but the clean up was a beast and by the time I was finished it was time for bed.  I ended up having an emotional meltdown about "how all I ever do is work, cook and clean" (dramatic, I know).

Since then, I've started implementing some easy 10-15 minute, minimum clean up recipes during the week and saving the "fancy" stuff for the weekends or when friends are coming over. 

Here's one of my favorites that I made last night:
Curried Chicken & Veggie Stir Fry
Ingredients
Makes about 4 Servings

2-3 Tbs. Olive Oil
2 Large Chicken Breasts (you can substitute for shrimp if you're more of a seafood person)
Spices (I use: Garlic Powder, Lemon Pepper, Truffle Salt, 21 Seasoning Salute, Cayenne Pepper and Cumin)
1 Bag of California Stir Fry Veggies (Broccoli, Carrots and Snow Peas)
1 Jar of Thai Kitchen Red Curry Simmer Sauce
Jasmine Rice (I like to use Trader Joe's or the Minute Rice brand is also excellent)

Step 1: 
Preheat a skillet and add a couple of tablespoons of olive oil to it.  Rinse your chicken breasts and pat dry with a paper towel.  Cut into cubes.


Step 2:
Add spices to the chicken.  I like lemon pepper, garlic powder and truffle salt.  I also added cumin and a pinch of cayenne pepper (not pictured).  My absolute favorite spice is 21 Seasoning Salute from Trader Joe's.  When in doubt use it.

Step 3: 
Place the seasoned chicken into the skillet and olive oil.  Move to medium heat.  Cook for about 1 minute uncovered and then cover and cook for about 5 minutes.


Step 4: 
While the chicken is cooking dump one jar of Thai Kitchen Red Curry Sauce into another skillet.  Wait until it boils.
Add California Stir Fry Veggies and cook for 5 minutes on Med Heat.



Step 5: 
Transfer the chicken into the skillet with the veggies and curry. Cook for an additional 3-5 minutes.

Step 6: 
While the chicken and veggies are cooking together put the Jasmine Rice in the microwave.

Step 7: 
Serve the chicken and veggie stir fry over the jasmine rice and be prepared to fall in love. 

No comments:

Post a Comment