Friday, December 27, 2013

Buh-bye Christmas, Hello Home!

After a week away from home, visiting my Mom's family in St. Louis and Steve's family in Houston we are finally HOME!

It was great to catch up with our wonderful families but there is nothing quite like being home after a long time away.

We spent the first couple of days in St. Louis and I got to see my grandparents, aunts, uncles and cousins. My second cousins have grown so much! The last time I saw them they were babies!

My second cousins Peyton and Olivia

My cousin Tayler and I grew up together

One of the nice things about being at my grandmother's house is that I basically don't have to do much of anything. She does all of the cooking, all of the laundry, all of the dishes. She's one of the most energetic people I know.  She's also one of the most giving.  Basically she inspires me.

Grandma hates to have her picture taken.  This is one of my favs of her :)
We visited a store I had never been to before that I absolutely fell in love with: Altar'd State. Its a Christian owned and run store that sells women's clothing, home goods, jewelry, etc.  Right now the only stores they have in Texas are in Frisco, Allen, Midland, El Paso and Austin but you can visit their website by clicking here.  Other store locations are here.

I got this cute little number that I'm going to pair with my new black J.Crew Pixie Pants!



The day before Christmas Eve we headed over to Houston.  My brother in law Dave picked us up at the airport. He had driven in from San Antonio and had all of our presents in the trunk so I got to sit in the back seat along with all of this on the hour and a half drive to Montgomery:
Fun times.

Christmas at my Mother in Law's house is magical.  She kind of goes overboard on the lights but I love it!

Monday night we went on a nice walk/run through the neighborhood and were greeted by this:

Most gorgeous sunset ever!

I also discovered there is a Lyndsey drive and they even spell my name correctly!


Christmas morning was significantly quieter than what I'm accustomed to but it was lovely.  And I got basically everything I asked for. Including my Erin Condren planner.  I'm beyond excited about this.
They're a bit pricey but soooooooo cute!

Just look at it!
Planner Front
Planner Back
We watched tons of Christmas movies including Elf, Home Alone, Funny Farm and The Christmas Story.  We finished off the night by watching The Impossible.  The story is about a family that is in Thailand during the Tsunami that hit on December 26, 2004.  Not exactly Christmasy but it definitely reminded us that the important things in life aren't things.

Merry Christmas everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment