Saturday, January 4, 2014

Resolution Time

Its 2014!!! Is it me or did last year go by ridiculously fast??

So grateful to have rung in the new year with these peeps and their hubbies:
From Left: Allison, Brittney, Cara, Laura, Me
This is my second year in a row celebrating New Year's with this group.  Totally love them.  We stayed at Ben & Britt's, drank delicious champagne punch (recipe here), ate LOTS of yummy food and played Cards Against Humanity (best game ever).

My lame butt was asleep by 11pm...don't worry though, I woke up at midnight to kiss my husband and hop into bed.

Allison and I woke up New Year's morning and ran a 5K.  Don't be too impressed, its the last time I've worked out since the New Year started.

My Resolutions for this Year?
Here we go: 
  1. Be more intentional with my time and "be present." How many times do I attempt to "multitask" and in so doing totally miss being completely attentive to the task or person I'm with?  I always complain about not having enough time to do things but the truth is I'm often just not being intentional with the time I have.
  2. ACTUALLY stick to my budget.  I love to fudge budget numbers or in the past charge things. Its a problem.  NO MORE!
  3. Simplify my life.  I have so much STUFF!  Clothes I don't wear, old make up & lotions that need to be thrown away, fashion magazines that I'm NEVER going to look at again (because they're so old the clothes are no longer in fashion), college papers, you name it I have it. I need to do a massive detox.
  4. Eat healthier. Less sugar mainly.  Less glutinous grains...really grains in general. Less dairy. More veggies and fruit, lean protein, etc. 
  5. Get moving more.  Sometimes I do a poor job of working out when I feel like I have two short of a time to get a "good" workout in.  We all know a short workout is better than no workout. 
  6. Read my Bible daily. Talk to God more. 



No comments:

Post a Comment