Saturday, March 29, 2014

Easy Dinners--Fake Pasta with Ground Turkey Marinara

A couple of days ago I got this book written by one of my favorite bloggers: 
The Skinny Confidential, Lauryn Evarts
Let's just say I'm OBSESSED.

Last night for dinner I took one of her recipes and modified it for Steve "Must have Meat for Dinner" and I.  It was delicious and left us feeling full but not gross.


Fake Pasta with Ground Turkey Marinara
Makes about 2 servings

Ingredients: 
For the "Pasta":
1 red bell pepper, sliced
1 yellow bell pepper, sliced
1 orange bell pepper, sliced
2 tbsp coconut oil
2 handfuls of broccolini, chopped
1/2 jalapeno diced
Lemon Pepper, to taste

For the Meat Sauce:
2 tbsp olive oil
1.25 lbs Lean All-Natural Ground Turkey
2 tsps Herbs de Provence
Lemon Pepper, to taste
Pinch of salt
Garlic powder, to taste
1 jar of your favorite all-natural marinara sauce

Garnish:
1/2 Lemon, squeezed
Red Pepper Flakes (which I totally forgot)
A few sprinkles of grated Romano or Parmesean
Fresh Basil (optional, I didn't use it)

Step 1:
In a pan or cast iron skillet heat olive oil and add pre-seasoned ground turkey.
In a separate saute pan heat coconut oil.  Add sliced bell peppers. I add in some lemon pepper.

Step 2:
Allow the turkey to brown.
In the veggie pan add broccolini.
You can either throw the marinara in the veggie pan or if you're me and love to dirty dishes put it in a sauce pan on low to medium heat.

Step 3:
Once the turkey has browned add to the marinara sauce (whether its in the veggie pan or the sauce pan).
Add jalapenos to the veggie pan.

Step 4:
Transfer everything to a bowl. Add lemon juice, sprinkle some chili flakes and fresh romano cheese.

Step 5:
Enjoy the deliciousness that is eating without grain!



No comments:

Post a Comment