Tuesday, July 17, 2012

A Brief Introduction

Me and Em
My best friend asked me the other day what my blog is going to be about.
Me: "What do you mean?"
Emily: "You know is it a fashion blog, or a food blog, or a general about your life blog?"
Me: "Ummmmmmmm........I have no idea."

I guess the closest answer would be that this is a blog about my life.  But that sounds overly pretentious and self-important.

Here is what I know: I'm a better, more well-rounded, less crazy and generally more likeable individual when I'm writing.  

So let me bring you up to speed.

I currently am the Associate Director for a non-profit.  A title that seems impressive but much less so when you know the small caveat that I am one of two employees, the other of which is the Executive Director.  Yes, apparently Directors can be the bottom rung of the totem pole.

I'm dating the most amazing man ever.  Slightly gushy?  Yes.  But when you have a guy who sits with your girlfriends and comforts them through their boy drama and tells you that he doesn't want you to cook because he's concerned you're tired and watches House Hunters with you (and records them for you) of his own volition.  Jackpot.  I met him at a funeral. No, not joking.  I'm telling you ladies, you can learn a thing or two from Wedding Crashers.

I live in San Antonio, TX.  Known for its lovely tag line "Keep San Antonio Lame."  I've lived here long enough to know that San Antonio is not lame at all, its just one of those places you have to be willing to dig a little bit more to find the good stuff.

Check out my Favorite Places and Spaces page for ideas of fun things to do and see in SA (and no the Alamo doesn't make the list...if you've ever been you understand.).


4 comments:

  1. You guys are darling this is gonna be a great blog!

    http://abpetite.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Ashlee! That means a lot! I looked at your blog and its fantastic! I'm an abpetite follower now ;)

      Delete
  2. Super cute blog! Looking forward to more posts :)

    ReplyDelete