Saturday, July 21, 2012

Fabulous at 50!

My Beautiful 50 Year Old Mom
Today is my Mother's 50th Birthday and she is beautiful!
My Mom has always eagerly anticipated turning 50.  Somehow she just knew she would get even better with age.  I think this is why I've never really feared aging gracefully and naturally.

In true "my mother" fashion she gave each of my family members a gift on her birthday.  We received a journal to record our 1,000 Gifts with a personalized message to each of us, 13 of her 1,000 gifts.  The concept is based on the book "One Thousand Gifts: A Dare to Live Fully Right Where You Are" by Ann Voskamp.  A departure from the traditional "bucket list" and live life with an agenda mentality, this book focuses on enjoying the day to day beauties of life all around us. 

My mother has always done just that.  She has been the most shining example of selflessness I have ever known.

Happy 50th Birthday Mom!  May the next 50 years be even more wonderful than the first! 
Mom with me and the rest of the family
From Left: Tayler (cousin), Alix (cousin), McKenna (sister), Madysen (sister), Kim (mom), Sonda (aunt), Me, Cara (best friend, basically sister)

No comments:

Post a Comment